9 October, 2018
Job ID : 20181008007
Company : ABB
Job Role : Design Engineer
Eligibility : B.E / B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineer
Experience : 8 Years
Job Location : Faridabad
Salary : Not Mentioned
Vacancies : Not Mentioned
Website : www.abb.com
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for following activities:
1. Technical contribution: Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments. Keep him/herself updated with latest applicable industry standards. Understands and organises interfacing requirements in coordination with others. Provides technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities. Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
2. Sales support: Assists in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
3. Contract management: Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.). Provides quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract. Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
4. Planning and control: Creates work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
5. Risk and opportunity management: Completes risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility Reports any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
6. Customer: Assists customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables. Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
7. Supply chain management: Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals, and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
8. Processes and tools: Uses standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
9. People leadership and development: Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry level engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.