13 June, 2019
Job ID: 20190613004
Company: General Electric
Job Role: Site Reliability Engineer
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management
Experience: 2 Years
Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Salary: Not Mentioned
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 2 years of professional experience in coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience. Minimum 2 years’ experience operating large scale distributed systems
• Develop automated solutions to predict and address potential problems before they result in a
• Design and Deploy monitoring and alerting solutions such as Splunk, AppDynamics, Prometheus, ELK.
• Design and Develop integrations with ITSM suite such as ServiceNow.
• Design and Develop data ingestion pipelines into monitoring systems.
• Oversee and adapt monitoring and alerting systems
• Collaborate with all GE business units worldwide, providing a bastion technical expertise
• Identify potential process improvements across the entire engineering organization
• Define and drive architectural enhancements into system to mitigate potential failure points
• Provide impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production
• Investigate root cause of severe and systemic outages, identify corrective actions
• Establish performance baseline, capacity thresholds, correlate events, and define
• Provide technical coaching and direction to more junior teammates